Tuesday 10 December 2013

Molly's Christmas Dinner Party

The Christmas season really kicked off last weekend when I, along with the other college galz, travelled to Molly's house in Howth for our annual Christmas dinner party. I arrived at the coast road and was immediately in awe once again. There is only one word to describe casa del Molly, and that is FABULOUS! This year, the steep meandering steps which lead to the front door, were dotted with twinkling fairy lights, and, as I neared the house, I could see into the dining area which was decorated beautifully with candles and Christmas crackers. To escape the bitter weather, I hurried into the house and the warmth and smell of delicious food was utterly magical.



Jealousy overwhelmed me once again as I walked into the kitchen in all it's perfection. The Aga, the massive counter space, the pantry, the gorgeous dining area, the huge dining table, the space - my dream kitchen. 


Molly's Menu
STARTER: Homemade Garlic Bread
MAIN: Chicken & Broccoli Bake
DESSERT: Crumbly Strawberry Cheesecake


For starter, Molly served delicious homemade garlic bread which she made on soft rolls, rather than baguette, which I thought was much much tastier. The garlic bread was followed by a scrumptious creamy chicken and broccoli bake. She made a massive dish full which was devoured by the end of the night. I think it's safe to say that everyone loved it. 


For dessert, Molly whipped up a spectacular strawberry cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries and grated chocolate. I insisted on photographing her, dressed ever so festively with the cake, which, she wasn't too happy about, but posed never the less!

The domestic goddess herself


After a few bottles of wine, we weren't the freshest of daisies the following morning, but, the view from Molly's kitchen really made getting out of bed that little bit easier.

1 comment:

  1. christmas dinner is always the best thing. But i loved that pie which you are holding, it is definitely looking very yummy...

    ReplyDelete