Friday 1 March 2013

Nutella Hearts

I hadn't made muffins in a while and was dying to use my new heart shaped silicon muffin molds so, last night I tried out a new recipe and made these Nutella Muffin Hearts. They're dead handy to make and they don't take long at all, 15-20 mins max preparation time. I'm a huge fan of Nutella so I absolutely love these gooey, nutty, chocolaty muffins - I hope you do too!



INGREDIENTS

10 oz/ 285 g Self Raising Flour (sieved)
1 tsp Baking Powder (sieved)
5 oz/ 140 g Caster Sugar
100 ml Plain Yogurt
125 ml Milk
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
4.5 oz/ 130 g Butter

Handful of chopped and peeled Hazelnuts (optional)
Nutella (as much as you like!!)
5oz/ 140g Milk Chocolate (chopped into small chunks)


METHOD

1) Preheat oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas Mark 6
2) Put butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until fully melted
3) When fully melted, take the butter off the heat and add in the Milk, Yogurt, Essence and Eggs & mix it well
4) Put the Flour, Baking Powder chocolate chunks & hazelnuts into another bowl and mix
5) Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and only stir it FIVE times - no more even though it seems as if it isn't mixed properly
6) Leave the mixture sitting and line a muffin tray with muffin cases
7) Spoon one spoonful of the mixture into each case
8) Put a spoonful of Nutella on top and finally put a second spoonful of the muffin mixture over that again and use a spoon to swirl the mixture 
9) Place in oven for 20 mins until golden 
10) When cooled slightly, cover the top of each muffin in a huge dollop of Nutella - YUMMMMYY


I used these heart-shaped muffin molds for mine
and I also added white chocolate chunks

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... That first photo. I want to eat all of them. Them being my namesake and all ;)

    *waves hello* from a new follower, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think they were made for you Hazel!! :) Thanks so much, I'm really glad that you think they look yummm! I hope to share many more recipes that you'll like just as much :)
      Thanks a mill for following!
      Paula :)

      Delete