Friday 4 January 2013

Breakfast Bread

So last night I decided to stick a Brown Bread in the oven, but, when I went to the fridge to get the Natural Yogurt we had none - I didn't want to have to run down to the Supermarket so I decided to be brave and try out a new recipe using what I had... To be honest I thought I'd be giving this bread out to the dogs this morning but, to my surprise, everyone here loved it - Guess I'll be making it again :)



Don't worry, this bread won't interfere with any healthy eating resolutions you may have - It's full of goodness: nutrients from the nuts and seeds, calcium from the yogurt and fibre from the whole grain oats...

INGREDIENTS

225g Self Raising Flour
225g Wholemeal Flour
1 tbsp Bread Soda (sieved)
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
2 tbsp Brown Sugar (if you don't have brown sugar, ordinary sugar will do)
4 tbsp Porridge Oats
2 tbsp Crushed Hazelnuts (buy them crushed or chop them finely yourself)
2 tbsp Crushed Walnuts     
1 tbsp Almond Flakes (crushed)
1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
3 tbsp Raisins
200ml Milk
400ml Yogurt 


I used Onken Mango, Papaya & Passionfruit Yogurt - Peach or Mango & Apple would work too




** Feel free to add in any other nuts or seeds of your choice**

1) Preheat your oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4
2) Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
3) Add all wet ingredients (yogurt, milk and oil) and mix - the mixture should now "plop" off the spoon - if it is too runny then add some more wholemeal flour and if it is too dry, add some more milk.
4) Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper and empty the mixture into it
5) Sprinkle the top with nuts or seeds of your choice
6) Cook in the oven for 45 mins, then take the bread out of the loaf tin, put it back in the oven directly on the shelf and cook for another 10-15 mins
7) Poke the bread with a sharp knife to make sure that the middle is cooked
8) Leave it cool on a wire tray




We all thought that Lemon Curd went really
well with the bread, but, if you really want to
stick to those New Year's resolutions
try it with Natural Honey 


Check out  the Wellness Warrior for more info 
on the super qualities of nuts and seeds at....





2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on Google +. Looks delicious. I will totally have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you think so. You may let me know if it tastes as good as it looks! :)

      Delete