Monday 21 January 2013

Blueberry & Kiwi Smoothie

I woke up this morning and didn't feel too good so I decided I needed something healthy and packed with vitamins for breckie. I thought about eating plain old fruit and yogurt but I fancied something different... As I walked into the kitchen I saw the smoothie maker looking up at me and I decided that was it ....



I robbed this recipe from a really cool 2013 Diary that my mam got free with Keeling's Strawberries during the week. It features loads of healthy fruit recipes....


INGREDIENTS
(Makes 2 glasses)

250g Blueberries (roughly)
1 large Banana
2 Kiwis
3 large tbsp of Natural Yogurt
100ml Apple Juice or Milk
Small cup of Crushed Ice




1) Peel and roughly chop the banana and kiwis (The easiest way to peel a kiwi is to chop the top off and using a spoon, scoop the kiwi flesh out)
2) Put the chopped kiwi and banana and the blueberries into your smoothie maker or blender and blend
3) Add the yogurt, followed by the apple juice/milk and blend again
4) Add the crushed ice and blend once more
5) Pour and enjoy :)



FACT: This smoothie is packed with vitiamins
 and antioxidents that will 
help boost your immune system.




No comments:

Post a Comment